At Pyramisa Hotels, our senior managers are committed to environmental protection and strive to reduce our property's operational impact on the environment.
Through our environmental policy we will:
- Ensure we comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Measure our environmental performance against our objectives and targets, making sure that we regularly review our progress.
- Train our staff on our environmental commitments, so that they understand the role they play in delivering our objectives and targets.
- Invite our guests to support our efforts to reduce our environmental impact.
To achieve our environmental goals in 2021, we will:
- Achieve and maintain our Travelife for Hotels & Accommodations award.
- Reduce our energy consumption by 10% compared to 2020 by installing energy-efficient lighting and movement sensors in all public areas.
- Reduce our water consumption by 10 % compared to 2020 by installing water flow restrictors in the taps and showers and low flush and/or dual flush toilets in guest bathrooms.
- Reduce the waste we send to landfill by 10% compared to 2020 by separating all our waste streams including glass, paper, cardboard etc. and identifying opportunities to reuse or recycle these materials.
- We will reduce the use of potentially harmful chemicals in our operations by 5 % compared to 2020 and find biodegradable or natural alternatives.
- Ensure that 10 % of non-consumable products are made from recycled content.
Health & Safety Policy
It is of great importance that Pyramisa Suites Hotels & Resorts follows the Health & Safety Policy and has set a goal of continuous improvement while considering their employees, partners and any third persons may be affected by its operations. To achieve the above objective has been designed and implemented a safety management system and occupational health in accordance with Laws and Regulations and Health & Safety at Work.
- Creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment and elimination of conditions that could result in activities with non-negligible probability of adverse effects.
- Planning and execution of all operations giving priority and importance to Health & Safety of employees, partners and customers to conduct all activities with no accidents.
- Full compliance with relevant legislation.
- Continuous training, development and evaluation of the adequacy of staff in the use of machinery and equipment, use of chemicals and manual handling and continuous awareness of health and safety at work.
- Conduct risk assessment studies for decision making in prevention and protection.
- Provision of staff and any other party deemed necessary, all necessary personal protective equipment and training in the use, storage and maintenance. The hotel staff have the responsibility to take all necessary measures and precautions for the health and safety for the workers and any other persons who may be affected by its operations.
The hotel management is responsible for notification of accidents, occupational diseases and dangerous occurrences that occur in the workplace.
Pyramisa Hotels & Resorts are committed to protect human rights and ensure a positive, pleasant and safe working environment.
We believe that strong ethics and good business go hand in hand and we are committed to complying with the laws and regulations of our country in which we operate.
To demonstrate our commitment in this area we:
- Provide a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensure on time payments.
- Paying a fair wage according to law, each employee education, skills, qualifications and competences.
- Provide accommodation when necessary and meals to all employees.
- Provide our employees with remuneration and tools for growing their careers and take their wellbeing into consideration.
- Conduct our business with honesty and integrity in compliance with applicable laws.
- Do not support forced and compulsory labor or the exploitation of children.
- Support the elimination of employment discrimination and promote diversity in the workplace.
- Promote fair competition and denounce corruption.
- Pyramisa implements a “no fees” recruitment policy. We do not ask for money or charge fees to the applicant as part of the application process.
Community Engagement Policy
We at Pyramisa Hotels & Resorts are keen to establish positive relations with our local community, based on respect and mutual support (when applicable).
We fundamentally believe, and work, to achieve, the following:
- The participation and Empowerment of the local community is always encouraged and supported.
- We respect intellectual property rights, culture and traditions when dealing with local and indigenous communities.
- We ensure that local people and indigenous communities are not subjected to discrimination, either as individuals or as communities, in areas such as recruitment, employment, procurement and tendering processes, or as suppliers and traders.
- We provide relative preferences for local suppliers.
- We provide relative preferences for hiring resources from the local community, always where the minimum qualifications are met.
- We encourage our guests to go on excursions to see local people, and discover more about their local traditions.
- The hotel will never obstruct public access to water sources or other essential resources or services.
- We are committed to the appointment and consultation of the local community, when planning any development that may affect them, taking into consideration their views and responding to them. We conduct a pre-assessment of developments possible impact to the local community.
- Development of an internal purchasing policy, giving priority to local services or product providers, whenever possible.
- The hotel must use local suppliers as much as possible. Certainly for fish, meat, vegetables, fruits etc.
- The hotel must promote other local products and services to the guests, by recommending guides, markets and crafts.
- The hotel must always try to provide services or facilities to the community, that wouldn’t normally be available.
- The hotel must encourage Guests to explore the destination.
- Whenever one or some of our facilities in the accommodation are offered to non-residents (including local people), they are treated no differently in using that facility than the accommodations residents.
- Always where there are the rights of access to public areas / ways; we never add barriers, signs, or other controls preventing public rights of access.
Quality Assurance Policy
Pyramisa Hotels & Resorts was established in the 90th to provide accommodation and leisure services to our guests. We are based in 60 Giza Street, Cairo, Egypt.
Quality is important to our business because we value our guests. We strive to provide our guests with the services that meet and even exceed their expectations. We are committed to continuous improvement and have established quality assurance procedures that provide a way for us to measure and improve our performance.
We have the following systems and procedures in place to support us in our aim of total customer satisfaction and continuous improvement throughout our business:
- Regular gathering and monitoring of guest feedback.
- Customer complaints procedure.
- Training and development for all our employees.
- Regular monitoring of feedback, taking action to improve when identified.
- Measurable quality objectives which reflect our service level standards.
- Regular reporting to management of our guest feedback and complaints.
Our internal procedures are reviewed regularly and our quality objectives are communicated to all our employees through our Hotel Notice Board, intranet, team meetings and staff handbook.
Through the General Manager has ultimate responsibility for quality, all employees have a responsibility in their own areas of work, helping to ensure that quality is embedded across the whole property.
We at Pyramisa Hotels & Resorts are proud to be a sustainable accommodation, taking responsibility for our impacts on the environment, our employees and the local community.
- Complying with the legal requirements of environmental legislation and regulation.
- Setting objectives and targets, measuring progress and reporting our achievements.
- Preventing pollution and minimizing it by reducing the use of harmful substance.
- Using non-renewable resources like energy and water efficiently and making sure that we reduce the waste that we produce.
- Protecting and enhancing all our neighboring ecosystems.
- Raising awareness of our environmental commitments with our employees, guests, suppliers and the local community, encouraging them support our activities.
- Working with our suppliers to embed sustainable practices into our supply chain.
- Complying with the legal requirements of employment and human rights legislation and regulation.
- Respecting our employees and their culture, traditions and intellectual property rights.
- Treating our employees equally, regardless of their age, disability, nationality, sex, race or religion.
- Ongoing training and professional development for all our employees.
- Training our employees on our sustainability policies so they understand and are actively involved in the achievement of our objectives and targets.
- Employing people from local community wherever possible.
- Maintaining a close relationship with our local community, ensuring that issues of their concern are discussed and resolved.
- Purchasing goods and services from local suppliers, wherever possible.
- Encouraging our employees to volunteer for activities organized by the local community.
- Making regular donations to local environmental or humanitarian charities and encourage our guests to support them too.
- Protecting children from all form of abuse and exploitation, ensuring our staff are trained so they know what to do if they suspect a child is at risk, in or near our property.
Safeguarding Children Policy
The Pyramisa Hotels & Resorts believes that no child or young person should experience abuse (Physical, emotional or sexual), neglect or exploitation of any kind. We are committed to respecting and safeguarding all children and young people under the age of 18 who stay in our hotel, as well as those who work or live in our locality, Ensuring that they are protected from all forms of abuse, exploitation or neglect.
Specifically, we believe that
- The welfare of the child or young person is paramount.
- All children or young people under the age of 18 have a right to equal protection from abuse, neglect or exploitation, irrespective of their age, disability, gender, race or religious belief.
- Working in partnership with local child protection organizations, charities and law enforcement will ensure that our actions are robust and effective.
We will keep children and young people safe by
- Valuing, as well as listening to and respecting them.
- Training our staff on the meaning of this policy and our safeguarding children procedure, so that they are
- Sensitive to the signs of child abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Know what action to take to safeguard a child that they suspect may be at risk, in or around our hotel.
- Promoting our safeguarding children policy to our suppliers, sub-contractors and guests so that they can support our commitments.
- Sharing our concerns about vulnerable children or young people with local child protection organizations and law enforcement, so that we always act in their best interests.